Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas with My "Real" Family

Christmas 2006 is a great memory now. I am so thankful that I was able to be home with my family this year. It has been 3 years and 2 Christmases since I was home, and this year has been a great blessing.

I arrived in Seattle on the 15th and spent the weekend with my whole immediate family. My nieces and nephews are so much bigger and grown up since last I saw them. One didn't even exist last time I was at home. There is always a bit of a culture shock for me when I come home, but it is well worth it to be with my family.

I had a week of Christmas shopping and preparing for our Christmas Eve celebration. Christmas Eve Day, Mom, Dad, Carol and family, Brad and family and I attended church together to watch Carol's boys in their Christmas presentation. It was great to all worship the Lord together. We then spent the afternoon watching the Seahawks and eating. In the evening we did all our traditional Christmas activities. I felt so blessed by my wonderful family and the opportunity I had to be home.

Christmas Day my parents and I spent the day with my dear Grandmother who is 94 and still living on her own. We did some projects for her and had a relaxing day. Every time I come home and get to spend time with my Grandma I am so thankful. Making the most of every day given.

1 comment:

toby said...

Cool blog, Gail!