Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Birthday

The Lord has blessed me with some amazing coworkers that are also my dear friends. I was able to celebrate with so many of them on my birthday. My friend Joanie is here in the picture with me. She made a special chocolate cheese cake for Becky and me.
Becky and I started our celebration with grilled hamburgers, many yummy salads, and kaukau chips. I didn't get good pictures of everyone present but here we have Carmen, Emily, Hannah, Carrie and Pat (Joe is next to her, but out of the picture). After our dinner we piled into Karl and Kristen's house - they sure are good sports to let all of us in. I guess we numbered 21 by then. Carrie had made some wonderful cupcakes and a beautiful cake. My dear little friends had a hard time keeping away from those lovely treats!
I am not sure a party is complete without Dana sticking his fingers up his nose. We probably wouldn't recognize him in pictures.
Becky and I had mounds of presents to open and it is always fun to open presents with a friend.
After presents we went outside with our dessert for a camp fire. Scott and his boys had been working on it, so it was going well by the time we all joined them. We had a great night to be out and the generator didn't even kick on until we were nearly done with our evening.
It was a great birthday celebration. I sure appreciate all those that helped put it together. You are so dear!

No comments: