Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Time with the Smiths

What a blessing to be with family! I have been so thankful for the opportunities I have had over the last couple months to be with my family. I got to spend about 5 days with the Smiths over the last two weeks. I had a good time celebrating Carol's birthday (a little late), shopping, reading to Emma and Jake, having Ryan beat me in Phase 10 Dice, watching movies with Carol and Toby and holding little Jessie.

One of the fun things for me was to take the three oldest kids to Target. A totally different experience for someone who is used to going places by herself. We looked at all kinds of things and made some fun purchases. I did get some good natured ribbing since I am not as familiar with Redmond as Ryan is, but we made it just fine. The quote of the day was "I am not lost, just made a wrong turn!"
Mom and Dad came one day and brought a load of things that I forgot in Wenatchee. How spoiled am I. My parents do so much for me. I am very thankful.

Carol, the kids and I took a morning and went to visit our Grandma in Seattle. It was good to see Grandma and I am pretty sure she liked having the kids around for a bit. On our way back to Carol's we stopped at the "bunny park". I am told there are lots of bunnies there but they were in hiding when we stopped by. I don't blame them because it was cold. Anyway, we watched the couple bunnies we could find and then called it a day.



3 comments:

toby said...

What, no Nacho Libre quotes? :-)

Cool pictures, Gail.

Janet said...

What a nice posting, Gail. I finally got around to looking at it - once you told me you had posted something. I really like those kids too!!!

Anonymous said...

It's good to read what you're up to! Thanks!