Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weekend with the Girls


Memorial Day weekend was lots of fun and activity here in Wenatchee. My nieces were in town and with them came lots of energy. Emma is 4 days from being 4 and Jessie is 16 months. We had special meals, good visits in the car during long trips, adventures to the park, good play times with cousins, and lots of fun around the house.

My Grandmother is now living with my parents in Wenatchee and so she too enjoyed going on the adventures this weekend, also. My Grandma is such a good sport. It is something else to watch my 94 year old, 79 pound Grandma crawl into the back seat of the Jeep and sit between two large car seats. (She is the only one that will fit back there.) She also entertained Emma for quite a while playing a hide and seek game. They would hide a certain toy for the other to find. The trick here is that my Grandma can't see and is very hard of hearing. They both enjoyed themselves immensely.

I loved making memories with these two little girls and my Grandma. The weekend was full of those moments that I knew I would be thankful for when I return to Papua New Guinea.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it humorous that in a post titled "weekend with the girls" two of my sons are in the first picture!

Gail said...

That just means that your boys are cool enough to hang with "the girls".

(There just too many things to think about when posting: spacing, pictures, spelling, etc. My brain can't take them all in.)