Saturday, July 7, 2007

Waiting in PNG

I arrived in Port Moresby with plenty of time to catch the 9:45 am flight. However 9:45 came and went and soon I was still sitting in the airport at 5 pm. I met up with a few co-workers so, thankfully, I had some company for my long wait. Just after 5 pm we were told the flight would be cancelled and we could come back in the morning.

A couple scenes from the airport


We eventually were given vouchers for a hotel in town for rooms and food. We were checked in fairly efficiently and then were shown our rooms. My room was the most interesting by far. There was some trash on the floor, no towels and no toilet seat. The man who showed us the room said he would be right back with a towel and a toilet seat. I guess I should have thought to bring one with me. Thankfully they switched me to a room across the breezeway, yet still near my traveling companions. How I wish I would have thought to take a picture of that room!

No comments: