Thursday, November 18, 2010

New England

After my time in Buffalo, I returned to New England. This time I flew into Boston and my bag, "Louie" and I met up with Bridget. We saw Boston on foot, which is fine, but it is a bit weird to drag a roll bag up and down cobble streets. Here we were at a Holocaust memorial. It was very moving to see all the numbers of people that were in concentration camps.
Each glass panel is full of these numbers and there are about 6 towers full of these numbers.
A shot of downtown Boston. I loved this city and would have enjoyed more time to explore.
Boston...
Had to walk the Freedom Trail and see the Paul Revere statue.
The Old North Church
I had my first cannoli from Mike's Pastry. Oh so good...
Bridget and I met up with her friends Troy and Joyce (now my friends also) and drove to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. We had a great time exploring this small town. Lots of fun shopping and amazing eating.
We drove out to York, Maine the next day and I touched the Atlantic. I just love the ocean whether it is on the east or west of the US.
Bridget was attempting to get a pic of me touching the water, but it started rolling in quickly and I didn't want to get soaked. So here I am running back to shore as the tide comes in.
Here is Nubble lighthouse. It is my first Maine lighthouse. Now I only saw one on this trip, but there will have to be other trips to Maine in my future, because I just love it.
Here are Bridget, Joyce and Troy at the lighthouse.
The waves were wild the day we were there and so beautiful to me.
Gail, Joyce and Troy enjoying an afternoon "snack". I had a lobster roll. This way I got both my lighthouse and lobster checked off my Maine to-do list.
We spent two days in New Hampshire and Maine. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Bridget and Troy and Joyce. We came back to Connecticut on Sunday night and then Monday morning I woke up to this sight out Bridget's window. I was happy I didn't have to travel anywhere that day, but Bridget didn't get to share my excitement since she had to commute to school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It is nice to see the sights that you have been talking about!

See you Thursday!